Friday 6 August 2021

Japense Pagoda and Cherry Blossem Art

This week we've been learning about the Olympics and because it's being held in Japan we made Japense inspired art while also learning how to blend with pastels correctly. It was inspired by Cherry Blossems and a traditonal Japenese temple called a pagoda and it is also inspired by the Japenese flag because Japan is known as the land of the rising sun. I enjoyed painting my cherry blossems because I think they really brought energy into the artwork. I found it hard to blend the colours because the pastel kept peeling off the paper and making strange dots of thick pastel in some places. Have you ever made a traditonal piece of art?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.