Thursday 26 August 2021

3D Maths Shapes

 Today, we were learning all about 3D shapes and how to make them. First I played a Kahoot to learn the names for the shapes and then I watched a video about how to create a Pyramid, Cube, Rectangular prism, Triangular prism and a Cylinder. I chose to create a cube out of origami paper and glue. To start, I drew a T shaped net of six squares for my shape and then I cut it out. Next, I folded my paper into shape with a ruler before adding the glue to keep it in place and tada, a Cube.  Have you ever made 3D shapes? 



1 comment:

  1. Hi again Emma,

    What a great quality blog post you have written. I enjoyed finding out the names of the 3D shapes you were learning about. I think you have done a pretty good job with your cube. I know they are really fiddly to put together. It would be great if you could find some 3D shapes around your home, take a photo of them and add them to this blog post also.

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.