Friday 29 October 2021

Harakeke Sign🪴

 Last week we were learning about Maori medicinal plants. We had chosen a plant that was growing in our school gardens and made a sign for it. Our sign would have to display the healing properties of the plant. I chose Harekeke which we have lots of. I planned my sign online and then painted it on a plank. I wrote the words in a paint pen. I enjoyed designing my sign and painting it. I found it difficult to use the paint pens because they leaking cause I was pressing too hard.


1 comment:

  1. Morena Emma,

    I had no idea that flax could be used for more than weaving and that it was even a Rongoa plant. It must have been a very important plant for the Maori as it had so many uses and medicinal properties. I would love to see you add an image of your actual sign too please.

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.